Title IV School Code 005500
The Financial Aid staff at Manhattan Area Technical College is dedicated to assisting students with the process of applying for and receiving their financial aid.
The first step in determining your eligibility for Title IV Federal Financial Aid (Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Work Study and Stafford Student Loans) is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can do this by completing the online application found at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Manhattan Tech's priority deadline is July 1st and you should complete the FAFSA as early as possible. For the results of your FAFSA to be processed by Manhattan Tech, you must have submitted an admissions application.
For students to be eligible for Title IV aid at Manhattan Tech you must:
- Be enrolled in a Technical Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree program
- Be enrolled at least half-time
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required to do so
- Not be in default on a federal education loan, or owe a repayment on a federal grant
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (2.0 SAP GPA or higher; complete 75% of enrolled classes; not exceed 150 percent of the credit hours required for your program)
All financial aid, with the exception of Federal Work Study, is applied directly to a student's account each semester. After tuition and fees are paid, any remaining credit balance will be turned over to the student.
Walk in Hours
In an effort to better serve our students, Financial Aid would like to introduce daily Walk In Hours. During these specified times, financial aid staff will be available to meet. Please drop in to ask questions, check on the status of your financial aid process, or to discuss your financial aid award. We look forward to spending time with you!
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (10:00 a.m. on Mondays)
2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. on Fridays)
These hours may be impacted by staff illness, training, or leave.