Campus Visit Information
A scheduled campus visit is the most useful, meaningful thing you can do to help determine if attending one of our programs of study is a good "fit" with your interests, abilities, and goals. In seeing firsthand what we do in our classrooms, shops, and labs, and by visiting with our students and instructors, you will get a feel for how much you will or won't like attending a program of study.
Campus visits are conducted by appointment on most weekdays. It is helpful if you identify specifically which program(s) you want to visit and have several dates and times in mind. Your campus visit may include:
- Meeting with an admissions counselor and taking a tour across campus, stopping by the programs you are interested in.
- Speaking with an admissions counselor or advisor regarding the requirements for your program.
- Gathering information about financial aid and scholarships.
- You are welcome to bring friends and family members along on your campus visit…the more, the merrier!
To schedule a visit please call (785) 320-4560. Please keep in mind that admissions requires at least 48 hours advance notice in order to accommodate a campus visit.
Things to keep in mind:
- Arrive in time to park.
- You will meet up with your admissions counselor in the front office. The front office is located at the entrance of the main building of the college and immediately to your left.
- Have questions to ask admissions. It is best to write these questions down and bring them with you.
Group Visit Information
We happily accommodate visits from any high school, middle school, or organization. If you are interested in visiting Manhattan Area Technical College as a group, please review our guidelines below and submit a Group Visit Request Form.
In order to experience a quality group visit, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
Reservations for group visits are required and must be made at least two-three weeks in advance of your intended visit. Due to the high volume of individual appointments and the educational environment, we cannot guarantee that your group can be accommodated on the date requested.
- Due to limited space availability we recommend that the group size is limited to 30 students. For high school students, at least 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students is required. For students in elementary or middle school, at least 2 adult chaperones for every 10 students is required.
- Group visits include an admission presentation and a walking tour of campus. Please have students plan and dress accordingly to walk on campus, particularly if inclement weather is predicted.
- The Admissions Office may not be able to show specific programs on group visit tours due to safety, testing of students and other educational environment factors. Students interested in seeing a specific program can schedule an individual campus visit through the Admissions Office.
- We are unable to provide lunch or snacks for visiting groups; however, campus is located only a few blocks away from a wide array of dining options.
- Visiting groups are expected to exhibit appropriate conduct on campus. Please have students turn off cell phones and respect tour guides, faculty and college property.
- Groups are responsible for arriving on time for the scheduled visit.
- Groups arriving more than 30 minutes past the scheduled appointment start time will be required to contact Manhattan Tech to check the availability of continuing the visit with modifications or rescheduling the visit.