Skip to main content

Veterans Education Benefits

GI Bill

If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.

The Kansas Commission on Veteran's Affairs has approved VA educational benefits for all Manhattan Tech programs. Veterans, Reservists, and eligible dependents requesting benefits must complete the appropriate forms which are available from the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551, or online at

Students receiving Veteran's Education Benefits must turn in the Manhattan Tech Veteran Enrollment Certification Form prior to the Office of Financial Aid certifying courses each semester.  When you are accepted into a program at Manhattan Tech, we also request that you submit a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA so that we may be aware of your percentage of tuition and fees paid by the VA and how many months of remaining eligibility you have.

Please note that some of our programs are considered to be offered in 'Non-Standard Terms' by the VA.  This may impact the way in which any applicable housing allowance and/or other eligible stipends are paid by the VA.

Tuition Assistance

If you are currently active duty, National Guard or a Reservist, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your installation education office prior to enrolling.


MyCAA is available to spouses of service members on active duty. If you are the spouse of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a high demand, high growth portable career.  Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve components in these same pay grades may also be eligible.  For more information or to apply go to or call 800-342-9647.



“Manhattan Tech was
critical to my success ...”

More Student Experiences >>