Take Advantage of Available Scholarships
Manhattan Tech scholarship opportunities will be available throughout the year.
Kansas Career Technical Workforce Grant
This $500 - $1000 scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to students who enroll in Kansas career technical programs. You must be a Kansas resident, a graduate from an accredited high school or Kansas GED, be accepted for admission to an eligible career technical program at a designated Kansas educational institution. An application is available online.
Kansas Nursing Service Scholarship
This scholarship was established to provide financial incentives for students to pursue nursing as a field of study and to practice nursing in Kansas with an emphasis on rural areas. You must be a Kansas resident, admitted to an eligible nursing program, enrolled full-time, must secure sponsorship of an eligible Kansas medical provider, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and complete the Financial Aid Sources for Kansas Students form. The award is $2500 for Practical Nursing and $3500 for Associate Degree Nursing. An application is available online.
Kansas Military Service Scholarship
The Kansas Military Service Scholarship is available for the payment of tuition and fees at a public Kansas institution for students who are a resident of Kansas and has:
- served in military service in international waters or on foreign soil in support of military operations for which the person received hostile fire pay for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001, or served less than such 90 days because of injuries during such military service;
- has received an honorable discharge or under honorable conditions (general) discharge from military service or is still in military service; and
- has provided copies of military discharge papers (DD-214 form) or active duty orders whichever such paper or order indicate the location of such person’s deployment and indicate the person has served after September 11, 2001, in any military operation for which the person received hostile fire pay.
Because financial need is a priority in awarding this scholarship, students will need to file a FAFSA form. Once your school considers you as a graduate status student, you are not eligible for this scholarship. An application is available online.
Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance
The Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance provides a percentage of tuition and fees paid; up to a maximum rate not to exceed the maximum rate that would be charged by the state educational institutions for enrollment. The percentage is determined by the number of eligible students and available appropriations. Students may be pursuing a certificate, diploma or degree program and must be an enlisted member of a Kansas Air/Army National Guard unit. Full-time enrollment not required. Students must have a GED or high school diploma to qualify for this assistance. The member must not already have obtained a bachelor’s degree. An application is available online.
Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship
The Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship program is designed to assist financially needy, academically competitive students who are identified as members of any of the following ethnic/racial groups: African American; American Indian or Alaskan Native; Asian or Pacific Islander; or Hispanic. An application is available online.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Army Emergency Relief Education Programs
- Automotive Aftermarket Scholarships
- Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship
- United Negro College Fund
- USA Funds
- Scholarship search sites - http://www.fastweb.com/, www.finaid.org
- Community Organizations - American Legion Auxiliary, Rotary Club, churches, etc.