Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Exam
- This requirement may not be waived.
- The TEAS exam must be taken within five (5) years of the application deadline.
- A minimum score of fifty percent (50%) or higher in the math section and an overall proficiency of at least basic is required on the same exam to be eligible to submit an admissions packet.
- Registration for the TEAS is through the ATI website at www.atitesting.com. You must register online for the test. An information sheet that outlines the registration process for the exam is available here or on page seven (7) of the Practical Nursing Information Packet.
- TEAS tests are limited to two attempts each academic year.
- The highest score will be used when ranking applicants.
Kansas CNA Certification
- Kansas CNA certification is required in order to be considered. The certification will be verified by the MATC Admissions Office utilizing the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry, not your card. www.ksnurseaidregistry.org
- Kansas CNA certification must be active through the first day of class
- If you have a CNA certification in another state, please contact the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services in Topeka (785-296-6877 or 785-296-0061) as soon as possible for information on challenging the Kansas CNA certification test. The certification test must be taken before the deadline date. Proof of certification test registration is required.
There are no exceptions to this requirement. Prior health background or experience does not satisfy the requirement.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Practical Nursing applicants whose primary language IS NOT ENGLISH must demonstrate English language proficiency before the application deadline to be considered for acceptance.
- Students who are required to take the TOEFL must meet the minimum requirements in the categories listed below:
- Writing: 20
- Speaking: 20
- Reading: 19
- Listening: 20
- Registration for testing may be obtained from the Office of Testing of Programs and Services (Room 101) of Holton Hall on the campus of Kansas State University. A student can reach their office at 785-532-6492 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.