Skip to main content
  • What is the difference between concurrent and dual credit?

    Concurrent Enrollment:

    These are classes at a high school at which approved high school instructors teach college credit during the normal school day (KBOR 8b 1i).

    Dual Credit:

    Classes in which the high school student travels to the college campus to take courses prior to graduation during the academic year or in the summer (KBOR 8b 1 vii).

    Classes in which college faculty travel to the high school to teach separate courses to the high school students (KBOR 8b vii).

  • Am I eligible for concurrent enrollment?

    - Students must be classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior in high school.

    - Have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.50 or higher.

    - Completed prerequisites for applicable courses. 

  • What is the tuition rate for concurrent enrollment?

    Concurrent enrollment students pay the same tuition rate assessed for all Manhattan Tech courses. This is a significant savings over private and out-of-state colleges, and about one third the cost of comparable in-state university courses. For the 2017-2018 academic year, the tuition rate is $125/credit hour for general education courses.

  • What is the process for enrollment?

    Refer to the Concurrent Enrollment Checklist to start earning college credit while still in high school!

  • How do I know what courses I should take?

    You should talk with your high school counselor about the college courses that are appropriate for you to take. Your counselor can review your high school transcript and help determine what courses will best meet your educational goals and are suited to your academic ability.

  • What is Senate Bill 155 (SB 155)?

    The Kansas State Senate passed Senate Bill 155 (SB 155), which authorizes Manhattan Tech to waive the cost of tuition for high school students who meet Kansas residency requirements for enrollment in any tiered career technical course. Textbooks, program fees and any other additional fees may apply.

  • Which courses are eligible for SB 155?

    To view the 2017-2018 approved tuition-free courses, click here!

  • How do I drop/withdrawal from a course?

    To officially drop a course, the Drop Withdrawal Form must be completed and returned to the Student Services Department at Manhattan Area Technical College. Failure to attend class does not constitute a withdrawal or drop and may result in a failing grade.

  • How do I get a copy of my transcript?

    You may view and print an unofficial copy of your transcript through your MATC Online account. Official transcripts can be ordered by following the steps outlined on the Registrar’s page at

    Recent high school graduates who took concurrent/dual credit/SB155 courses with MATC will have until August 1st of the same year they graduated to request a transcript be sent to a post-secondary institution without charge. If you are requesting a transcript to be sent to your home or workplace, a $10.00 fee will be required.

  • Will my MATC grades be part of my official college record?

    Yes. It’s important to remember that any grades you earn as a concurrent enrollment student at MATC will be part of your official, permanent college record. Concurrent enrollment grades could be considered relevant as part of your degree-bound admission to MATC or any other institution.

  • Will earning college credits while in high school have any effect on college scholarship possibilities?

    It depends. For example, at some colleges, if you have earned 12 college credits, your college GPA rather than your high school GPA will be used in awarding scholarships. It is also possible that your scholarship or financial aid could be impacted if you drop/withdrawal from concurrent credit classes. For further information, contact the Financial Aid office of the college or university you plan to attend.

  • Will my credits transfer to colleges and universities other than MATC?

    Most general education courses are part of the Kansas Board of Regents Seamless Transfer System and are guaranteed to transfer to public Kansas colleges and universities.

  • I have another question that isn’t listed here. Whom do I contact?

    Please direct all questions about concurrent enrollment to:

    Lauren Rust
    Instructional Outreach Specialist

“Manhattan Tech was
critical to my success ...”

More Student Experiences >>