How to Apply at Manhattan Area Technical College
- APPLICATION:Complete and submit your admission application Apply Now! Allow five business days for processing. Once the application is processed you will receive a letter detailing the next steps.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Submit official transcripts/GED Be sure to send us official copies of transcripts from all institutions (high school included) attended prior to Manhattan Tech. Official transcripts can be dropped off at the office, or can be mailed to: Manhattan Area Technical College, 3136 Dickens Ave., Manhattan, Kansas 66503
- TEST/ASSESSMENT: Schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER Assessment, if applicable. We use the ACCUPLACER assessment for placement into Math and English courses. If you have taken the ACT or college level Math/English classes you may not need to take the COMPASS. Call Manhattan Tech with questions or to schedule an appointment. To schedule a placement test please call (785)587-2800 ext. 0)
- FINANCIAL AID: Complete the FAFSA form. Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans and work study. To be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can submit the FAFSA online through the Department of Education’s site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Manhattan Tech’s school code is 005500.
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION/ENROLLMENT: Students are required to attend New Student Orientation and Convocation activities. During these activities, faculty and staff provide vital information that will help students make a successful transition to Manhattan Area Technical College, including: Manhattan Tech Policies and Procedures, Program Course Schedules, Performance Expectations, Tools/Equipment/Uniforms/Textbooks.
- ATTEND CLASS/MAKE PAYMENT: Tuition is due at Final Registration & Fee Payment day which is held the week before classes begin.
Please be aware that Manhattan Tech is not currently SEVP-certified and cannot accept international students.
Individual programs may have admission requirements separate from the college. See your program's page for more admission information.