Practical Nursing Department Requirements
In addition to the Practical Nursing admission requirements, the department also requires the following:
After acceptance to the program, students will be required to attend program orientation (generally held in May). Students will be notified of the date and time of the orientations in the acceptance letter. Specific Information about the requirements bulleted below will be provided at program orientation, which is usually scheduled 6-8 weeks before the first day of classes, and will need to be completed by the first day of classes. Please do not submit TB skin tests before you receive information at orientation. Students are required to provide documentation of the following items prior to the first day of class:
- Comprehensive Physical Exam — A ‘Physical Exam’ form will be provided. Students are required to have a current physician’s exam within 1 year prior to the program start date to verify that there are no major health issues that may affect full participation in the practical nursing program and the clinical and lab exercises.
- TB Skin Test (one or two may be needed) — Students are required to have a TB Skin test performed and provide documentation of the test results.
- BLS certification—Students are required to have a Healthcare Provider Level BLS certification from American Heart Association that will be active throughout the nursing program.
- Background Check – http://scholar.verifiedcredentials.com/?organization=matc (The student is responsible for the additional fee).
- Health insurance—students are required to hold health insurance during their enrollment at MATC nursing