Location: Four Points by Sheraton, 530 Richards Dr., Manhattan, KS
Hello Graduating Students!
Graduation is ALMOST here and we are excited to honor you on Friday, December 18th. The ceremony is located at the Four Points by Sheraton 530 Richards Dr Manhattan, KS 66502 (785) 587-5561 and will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m. Please enter through the convention hall entrance.
Here are some important things you NEED TO KNOW…
- Please arrive no later than 10:15 a.m. dressed in your cap and gown.
- You will need to line up by your program in alphabetical order and remain there until directed to the processional.
- Please leave all valuables in your car as there will be no space to keep purses, keys, etc.
- There is a pinning ceremony for nursing students before the commencement ceremony starting at 9:30am so if you arrive early, please remain quiet and do not enter the ballroom. Pinning ceremony ends at 10:30 a.m.
- Please park in the Sheraton parking lot.
- Seating for guests will begin 20 minutes before ceremony.
- Seating is first come, first serve. Upon entry, please ask your guests to be seated.
- Handicap accessible seating– please contact the Registrar ahead of time to make arrangements.
- Please ask your guests to refrain from taking pictures during the lineup. Guests are welcome to come up front during the ceremony to take a photo of their graduate walking across the stage. We ask that guests be courteous to other families, once a photo has been taken please return to your seat. There will also be a photo opportunity out in the foyer area.
- Additionally, a photo of each graduate receiving his/her diploma will be available no later than January 8th Directions to find commencement photos will be indicated inside diploma cover.
- Please wear appropriate clothing under your gown. (Collared shirts, slacks, dress shoes, etc. If in doubt, it’s probably not appropriate!)
- Students must wear a cap, gown and tassel.
- Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap until the degree is received. The president will direct all students when to move their tassel to the left.
- Students who have earned an A.A.S. degree will receive a stole to wear as well.
- Everyone will be lined up by program and alphabetical order by program in a side room.
- When we enter in the ballroom, we will have ushers direct you. Please keep a slow pace and follow the usher’s directions.
- When it is time to receive your diploma, you will need to give your name card to the Vice President by the podium. Wait for your name to be read before walking across the stage. You will receive your diploma in your left hand and shake hands with your right and pause for photo.
- After the ceremony, please follow the instructions of the ushers.
- You will receive a diploma cover during the ceremony.
- Your diploma and ONE official transcript will be mailed to the address you verify at check-in.
- Diplomas and official transcripts will be mailed approximately 8-12 weeks after final grades and any other outstanding obligations are received by the front office.
Questions? Please contact Rachel Sherley, Registrar ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org