The Biotechnology Laboratory Technician A.A.S. curriculum prepares students to apply scientific principles and technical skills in support of a variety of laboratories in the biotechnology arena. The program includes instruction in standard laboratory practices and procedures; techniques for analysis, testing and inspection; laboratory instrumentation and equipment operation and maintenance; laboratory and materials handling safety; and computer applications that would apply to the broad spectrum of biotechnology industries including research, health and medical, industrial and environmental, food and agriculture, biodiesel fuels as well as other emerging industries in the growing field of biotechnology.
These skills include:
- Lab safety
- Solution and media preparation
- Protein isolation and separation techniques
- Laboratory notebook record keeping
- Cell culture
- Molecular techniques
- Some biomanufacturing techniques
- Practical workplace skills to provide a smooth transition of student into the technical environment of bioscience and related industries.
Explore the Program
We are happy to talk with you regarding your interest in the Advanced Biotechnology Program at MATC. Contact Barb Wenger, Director of Bioscience, (785)320-4506 to schedule your visit today!